FALCON CHEER ATTENDANCE POLICY
Falcon Cheer is a team sport whereas full and equal participation of each squad member
is crucial to creating a positive, productive and safe experience for ALL cheerleaders. All
cheerleaders are expected to be present, arriving on time, to each practice, game and
performance. Full participation of all cheerleaders assigned to a squad helps ensure a
safe and productive environment for practices, routine development and competition.
Consequently, the absence of one cheerleader impacts the safety and success of the
entire squad. Proper notification and adherence to attendance policy procedures is
expected. The purpose of this policy, as detailed below, is to create the most safe and
successful experience for every cheerleader and squad.
• Practices begin the week of August 1st; MANDATORY PRACTICE begins August 6th
with 4 days of practice each week until school begins.
• Once the school year begins, there are no more than 9 hours of practice per week (per
BGYFL Bylaws). Practice days/times/hours are determined by each squad’s coaches.
Attendance at all practices is MANDATORY.
• Games begin Labor Day Weekend. If a game is rescheduled, every squad member is expected to cheer. If it is raining before or during a game and the officials deem it safe to continue, every squad member is expected to cheer. During the season games are scheduled on either Saturday or Sunday. The schedule is set by the Bill George Youth Football League (BGYFL) and released in mid/late August.
Attendance at games is MANDATORY.
• Regular Season continues through Super Bowl Weekend (mid-November). The cheer season may extend through early December for squads that qualify and decide to participate in the IRCA State Competition.
Participation in all scheduled Competitions is MANDATORY.
• Sickness with a doctor’s note, death in family, religious obligation.
• Special “Once in a Lifetime” events with advance Board approval. Approval may be granted for a maximum of 2 days for the entire season. No excused absences will be approved for the one week period prior to a Competition.
All Special requests for the season must be turned in to the Cheer Board by August 31st. Forms are available online and must be turned in to your coach. All requests will be forwarded to the Falcons Cheer Review Board for review. Coaches may not give permission to be absent.
• NOTE: AN ABSENCE IS NOT EXCUSED FOR ANOTHER SPORT/ACTIVITY – Falcon Cheer is expected to be a priority commitment during the season. A single miss affects the entire squad and impacts those cheerleaders who have committed to be at all practices and games.
• Any absence from a game, practice, Competition or special event which occurs that is not excused.
NOTE: Any unreported absence or absence for any reason other than sickness, religious obligation, death in the family or prior board approval is considered UNEXCUSED.
Tardiness/Leaving early: Consistent tardiness (3 or more times) or leaving practice early is considered 1 UNEXCUSED absence.
CONSEQUENCES FOR UNEXCUSED ABSENCES
• First Infraction – A warning is given to the cheerleader and her parents via email and/or written note.
• Second Infraction – The cheerleader is not allowed to perform in competition(s) and/or is removed from the squad.
• Minor Infraction (i.e. late less than three times, minor discipline issue etc…) – The cheerleader is not allowed to cheer and/or perform during halftime at the game but is required to be present.
If you have questions or concerns regarding absences please contact your squad coach or the